Derbyshire smokers are being urged to quit for 28 days and see the difference that it can make.
It’s October and that can only mean one thing – Stoptober. The annual campaign, run by Public Health England, attracts thousands of people keen to quit.
Research shows that you’re four times more likely to quit with your local stop smoking service.
Our Live Life Better Derbyshire team will be holding a series of drop in stop smoking information and support events throughout October.
You do not need an appointment to take part and these will be held at the following venues:
- Tuesday 6 October 2018 between 2.30pm and 4.30pm at Lime Grove Medical Centre, Matlock
- Tuesday 9 October 2018 between 8am and 2pm at Springs Health Centre, Clowne
- Monday 15 October 2018 between 10am and 2pm at Bakewell Agriculture Centre
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 between 9.30am and 3pm at Crags Health Centre, Whitwell
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 between 10am and 1pm at Hannage Brook Surgery, Wirksworth
- Wednesday 24 October 2018 between 10am and 1pm at St Oswald’s Hospital, Ashbourne
- Wednesday 31 October 2018 between 10am and 1pm at Ashbourne Library
Live Life Better also offers stop smoking clinics across Derbyshire.
You will then need to book onto your chosen clinic by calling Live Life Better on 0800 0852299 or 01629 538200.