At Live Life Better Derbyshire we can provide support, help and advice for you to successfully stop smoking for good. Our fully trained Stop Smoking Advisers can support you through your quit attempt with tips, advice and stop smoking products or medication on prescription.
"You are four times more likely to quit with our help, compared to going it alone.”
The nicotine found in cigarettes, and other tobacco products, is very addictive which can make it hard to stop. For your best chance of stopping follow these simple steps:
- Get help – don’t try to do it alone. Live Life Better Derbyshire has trained Stop Smoking Advisers who can help you every step of the way.
- Plan your quit date and stick to it.
- Ask your family and friends to support your quit attempt.
What we offer
- Weekly telephone support sessions (limited availability).
- Drop-in sessions.
- One-to-one support at a GP surgery or with a Community Stop Smoking Provider, we’ll let you know where the nearest person is to support you.
- Useful tools will soon be available to download.
Who can attend?
To access this free programme you must:
- Be over 12 years old and live in Derbyshire County (excluding Derby city).
- Want to stop smoking completely.
- Be willing to meet with your Stop Smoking Adviser at agreed dates and times.
How do I join?
If you are interested in seeking this support you can refer yourself to the programme using the self-referral form. Or speak to any of our Community Providers across the county or ring Live Life Better Derbyshire on Freephone 0800 0852299 or 01246 515550 (local rate).
This page was last updated on: Monday 22nd May 2017