Derbyshire is a big county with varied health and wellbeing needs.
Below is a snapshot of some of the issues currently facing our residents and the challenges for health and social care professionals.
- 66% adults are considered to be either overweight or obese in Derbyshire
- 15.1% of Derbyshire residents smoke
- 68% of people in Derbyshire carry out their recommended levels of exercise each week
- 57.8% of people eat the recommended five a day
- 63,000 residents have Type 2 diabetes and a further 70,000 are thought to be at risk of developing it
Live Life Better Derbyshire is a county wide healthy lifestyles service that aims to help people make structured, long term changes to improve their health.
You can refer a patient or client into the Live Life Better Derbyshire service by completing the online referral form.