Live Life Better Derbyshire offers FREE weight management support. We support you to set and achieve your own weight loss targets and to maintain this weight loss long term. We are different to other weight loss programmes as we focus on what’s happening in both the body and the mind to help you achieve long-term weight loss and wellbeing.
"Over 90 per cent of the people we see lose weight during the first few weeks of their programme and over half the people we see lose at least five per cent of their weight by 3 months."
What we offer
- Community based groups: 1 hour each week for initial 12 weeks (with an option to attend our 30 minute weigh-in and support session for up to 12 months). The sessions use group discussion and give you information on subjects such as portion sizes, food labels, and understanding eating ‘triggers’. Our qualified and experienced advisers will also support you to access exercise and activity sessions in your area.
- Self-support: If you are not able to attend a group based session then the self-support option could be for you. You will receive an initial consultation with an adviser to start you on your way and an option to drop into our weigh-in support sessions for up to 12 months.
- Specialist weight management programme: For those people who require a more intensive approach to weight management you will meet regularly on a one to one basis with one of our advisers for at least six months, as well as having the opportunity for appointments with our psychologists and dietitian. We can then offer further support and monitoring sessions for up to two years to support you to achieve further weight loss and maintain the changes you have made.
- Workplace offer: Our team work with local businesses and can offer weight loss programmes to support your staff. We can develop a bespoke programme to suit the needs of your business and staff. For more information just get in touch
- Online tools: Please use our useful tools, which is a collection of online resources and website links.
Who can attend?
To access this free programme you must:
- Be over 16 years old and live in Derbyshire (excluding Derby City).
- Have a BMI of 25 or more. BMI is a measure of your weight in relation to your height. Knowing this can help you and us decide whether community or specialist weight management services would suit you best or whether you can access other community services. To check your BMI click here.
How do I join?
If you are interested in seeking this support, you can refer yourself to the programme here
For specialist weight management support you must be referred by your GP, speak to your GP or take them this form.
If you're not eligible for this service, then you can use our useful tools section for some great self-help support.
This page was last updated on: Tuesday 25th October 2016